Written by melina
4 servings, 380 kcal per serving
- 100g garden peas
- 100g soya bean/ broad bean
- 1 red pepper
- 1 courgette
- 250g baby potatoes
- 50g cherry tomatoes
- 1tbsp olive oil
- salt & pepper
For the Pesto
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 tbsp pine nuts, toasted
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- You can start off with the pesto. Process basil, pine nuts, garlic and parmesan, scraping down sides occasionally, until almost smooth. With motor running, add oil in a slow, steady stream. Process to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Put the baby potatoes in a baking tray with 1 tbsp olive oil, salt and pepper and bake for 15 mins (250C).
- Heat a grill pan to high. Put the pepper and grill for 2 mins each side, or until the skin blisters and starts to turn black. Put the pepper in a bowl and cover with cling film. Once it is cool, peel the skin, remove the seeds and then tear the pepper into strips.
- Cut a courgette into a chinky peaces and put them on the grill for 2 mins each side.
- Cook peas and soya bean in boling salted water for 4-5 mins, then tip into a big bowl of ice cold water to keep their bright green colour. Drain and set aside.
- Take a big bowl and add all the vegetables together with 2 tbsp of the pesto and give them a good stir. Serve on a plate and sprinkle with some parmesan cheese on top. Enjoy