- 120 g sun-dried tomatoes (not in oil)
- 350 g skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 1 tbs salt and pepper
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 garlic cloves
- 40 g fresh basil
- 300 g organic corn pasta
- Put the tomatoes in a small bowl and cover with boiling water. Leave to soak for about 20 minutes until soft, then drain, discarding the soaking liquid.
- Season, the chicken with 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and the peppers. Coat a large, non-stick frying pan with olive oil and heat over a medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes or until it is cooked through and just beginning to colour. Set aside.
- Place the rehydrated tomatoes in a food processor along with the garlic, basil and tomato paste and process to a paste. Add the oil and the remaining salt and contribute to process until smooth.
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions in the packed. Just before draining, reserve 120 ml of the cooking water.
- Toss the hot pasta with sun-dried tomato pesto, chicken and as much of the pasta cooking water in a large pan. Cook for about 5 minutes, and add the remaining olive oil. Garnish with basil and parmesan cheese. Enjoy!